As part of the WAM conference, certain delegates were invited to do a networking speed date session with members of industry. Yvette Myhill is the Executive Director of the Association of Artist Manager’s (AAM). I wanted to speak to her in regards to managing Kraill and what is best to do. Firstly, she congratulated me on managing a band and starting a career in band management. YAY!!!
She basically just did an overview of what the AAM does and how AAM could help me as an emerging manager.
What AAM does:
- Work side by side with organisations to educate and mentor
- Lobby on behalf of music and managers to the government
- Representation of managers on Music Industry Panel
How AAM can help me as an emerging manager:
- Exclusive events and panels
- International conference and industry discounts
- Additional excess baggage through Virgin and Qantas
- Discount bookkeeping and business management services
- Discount on insurance
Basically was just a huge selling of why I should sign up for AAM. Has me convinced to sign up.